If a collective pessimistic group unconscious can drag down a whole community then it would apply that a collective optimistic group unconscious can bring it up!
It’s hard to be optimistic when our minds are bombarded with a host of negative news stories which result in the majority of conversation being pessimistic. We can turn it around by using our personal power. Here are a few tips that may help become capital O for Optimistic. Spread the word.
1. Start your day with a positive outlook. If you read or listen to the morning daily news, skip it! You will be surprised how much better you feel without this early injection of daily negativity.
2. Listen to your favourite motivational speaker or music on the commute to work. The change in your attitude will be phenomenal.
3. Focus on your goals and pursue them vigorously that way you’ll be strong enough to ignore negative comments.
4. Remember you control your immediate surroundings, no matter what else is going on in the world. If you are open to opportunities then opportunities will open to you.
5. Spend more time with people who focus on positive outcomes and less time with those who are consumed with negativity.
6. Lose the comparisons ‘ Keeping up with the Joneses’ may have become a national pass time but it won t make you happy as there will always be someone more, successful, powerful and wealthy than you. Put your energies into creating a balanced life of happiness and well being and you will soon surpass the Joneses!
7. If we are more positive in ourselves, this has to flow onto our professional development.
8. It takes 90 days to form a habit so let’s start now, then look out 2012 and beyond.
Happening People –leading the way in corporate training and development.